My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Why do I wait so long?

Oh where oh where do I begin? Why do I let myself fall so far behind? You would think that I would learn that it is so much easier to do a little every day or so than to wait a month. Yikes! I don't want to bore anyone with a long recap of events, but I need to do this for my record keeping. So here we go!

***Ryan turned 6! My sweet, helpful, friendly, smart little boy is growing up so nicely. He is such an amazing kid. He loves Kindergarten and seem to thriving. He loves his teacher and she seems to get wonderful things out of him. The poor boy got sick on his actual birthday and I had to pick him up from school. He look so small and sweet laying there shaking from his fever. He was so sad that he had to go home on his birthday. But by the end of the next day, his fever was gone and he was out riding his bike (without training wheels- finally). So happy birthday to my little buddy. We love you!



***The Nebraska Cornhuskers. Oh how this football team makes me so happy one week and then breaks my heart the next. Jim and I have been lucky enough to attend two games so far this year. One of them was the game against USC. At the time NU was #14 and USC was #1 so it was a huge game. ESPN Game Day was there and it was a night game. We got a babysitter for the day and headed down to Lincoln with such high hopes. And then we promptly got our butts kicked!! The upside was that Jim and I got to spend a day together and hang out with friends at some tailgate parties. Good times.
On our other trip to Lincoln Jim and I got to make a weekend out of it. We had been planning a trip to Florida, but plans fell through. We already had a babysitter lined up (thanks Mom and Dad) and didn't want to loose out, so we decided to go to Omaha and Lincoln. On Friday we drove to Omaha and did some major shopping. It was so much fun to shop just with Jim. We then met up with my sister and her husband and went to (where else) PF Chang's. Yum yum. We then went to a piano bar where they had dualing pianos. They were really good. Jim and I always have such a great time when we hang out with Broc and Erin. We spent the night at their house and then headed into Lincoln Saturday morning for some tailgating and the game. This game NU won, but they made it interesting. They were down 10-0 before they kicked it into gear and beat Iowa State 35-17.


Erin and Broc. Aren't they so cute?!?


What am I doing?


Me and my sweetie




***Weight Watchers. I can't believe I am putting this out here for everyone to read, but I could use any and all support. I joined WW last Monday. I have been feeling really uncomfortable in my skin lately and knew I needed to do something different. I decided on WW because it allows me to eat the things I want, just in moderation. I know that is something I could do on my own but it is nice to have that extra support. It really makes me think about what I am putting into my mouth, i.e. is it really worth it to eat that bag of Cheetos if it is 8 points (and daily points is 22 or so)? Hopefully by writing about this it will help me to become successful with my weight loss. I weigh in Monday morning, so we will see.

***Pumpkin Patch. The kids and I, along with my sister, her daughter my mom, and some friends, took a trip to the local pumpkin patch. The weather here has been really weird. 85 degrees on day, 65 and windy the next. We picked a nice day and had a great time. We came home with many pumpkins, and pictures to boot.


Ryan and Alex with their cousin Aubrey



Alex with her buddy "Lukes" (a.k.a. Luke)


Sweet Aubrey



I love his eyes when he smiles!


***Good mail. I want to thank Lucy and Cynthia for their thoughtful mail and Donna for her caring emails. It does the soul good to know that people care about you. Take care all of you and I will be playing catch up on all your blogs soon.

15 Comments:

Blogger carlo said...

So glad to hear from you! And updating, too? YAY!

Good luck on WW> I had great results afer Ellie

Cutie kids pics-- they grow so fast!

4:13 PM  
Blogger donna said...

Glad you are back girl!!!!!! We all missed you.


Thanks for the update. You have been so busy. Hey Ryan turned 6. Ian also turned 6. When is Ryan's b-day????

Wow you and your sisters are so cute.!!! Looks like you all had a great time. I love fun get-always

6:23 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Great updates. I love being a fan. It's good to have a team to root for!

Happy Birthday Ryan!

7:17 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

I am SOO glad you are back (even though I talk to you frequently) It's always a treat to see photos along with some details.

Erin looks so great--cute photo shot of the both of you. I still can't believe you joined WW. Good luck with it, we found it to not be too terrible. Oh, and you must get some of those ice cream cows--they are really good and only 2 points for a treat! :)

I'll call you soon.

7:46 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

And Happy Birthday to Ryan!!! We can't wait to see you in a few short weeks!

7:47 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I'm so glad you posted! I know what you mean about putting stuff out there for the blogger world that feels too personal, but I think it's awesome that you are doing something for you. You are such a beauty, that I hope you feel comfortable in that dewy skin soon:)

Your son is cute and six is such a great age. Happy Birthday to him!

9:15 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Never apologize for the updates! Love all of the pictures and the journaling! Happy Birthday to your little man! Pumpkin patch field trips are one of my fondest memories of Kansas!

9:17 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Donna- Ryan's bday was on the 12th of Sept.

5:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bridget! I know-I do the same thing-wait way too long to post and then don't know where to start! I have to say that I think my life is a little too boring to post sometimes-no kids, working full time, and going to school-uggh-who wants to hear about that?:) Anyway, my friend Angie was at the USC vs. Nebraska game-I know she was sad b/c her husband went to USC and he was loving it! Angie is from Lincoln-is that where you all live?

Your kids are adorable and the pumpkin patch looked like fun!:)

8:35 AM  
Blogger carlo said...

seriously though, how about the pumpkin patch in hot temps? just doesn't feel right, does it?? :)

10:56 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Fun to catch up with you. Sounds like you've been busy. Congrats on your 6 year old. It has proved to be a roller coaster age for my daughter so far.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Natasha said...

Hurray for an update! We did the pumpkin patch in hot weather too. The jack-o-lanterns have already rotted but they were fun to choose/carve.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ANY recap is ALWAYS good! looks like you have been busy, and you all look great!!

6:46 AM  
Blogger trayceetee said...

Hey, stranger! I've been lax on my updates, too. I joined WW (again) back in August. Doing pretty well so far. I do it online, rather than go to meetings. I like that better.... Good luck to you! Hope you're doing well!
xoxo
tt

9:21 AM  
Blogger annalisa said...

Alexis had her 6th birthday a few months ago. She seems so grownup now! Your kids are really cute. That's fun you got to take them to the pumpkin patch. I hope there were more fun Halloween treats in store for them.

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home