My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas in pictures

Okay I am SO frustrated!!! I can not get my pictures to move. Every time I try to cut and paste it copies and pastes something from my iCalendar. #@*&! I am doing this post on my new Mac computer.  Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?!? Any suggestions? I am tired of messing with it, so I will leave the pictures out of order for now and just add captions. Sorry!!! 

Ryan Christmas morning at my parent's house.



What a cutie!



Jim's stepmom Sandy with the painting we bought her. It was painted by the husband of a friend of hers who recently died of cancer. It was up for auction at GOLD and we knew we had to get it for her. She was so surprised and touched. I love when I can pick out the perfect gift for someone. 


 
Jim's brother Chris, his wife Sara, and Jim's dad Dan with the Nerf guns. Every year "Santa" gets the entire family new Nerf guns and we have a blast running around the house for the rest of the day. 



Picture  Jim took of Alex sleeping in the car. I love it!




Ryan opening a gift before Mass on Christmas Eve. We always allow them to open one gift on Christmas Eve. 



Alex was so excited for her new Baby Alive doll. What was I thinking?!? The thing kind of freaks me out.



Christmas Eve chocolate fondue. Does it get any better than this?



We were so fortunate to have my sister Shannon, her husband Craig, and their one year old daughter Aubrey stay with us for several days. To say my kids adore her is a huge understatement. She is such a sweet and easy baby. We loved having her here. 



Ryan with his 93 year old great grandma. Isn't she sweet? She and Ryan have this special bond. He just adores her and is so kind and gentle to her. It makes your heart melt. It was so nice to spend another Christmas with her. 



Alex says when she grows up she wants to be a cheerleader and a doctor. Go for it babe! :)






After some serious guilt trips from my husband (he loves to look at the blog at work), I have finally gotten around to posting about Christmas. We had such a wonderful holiday. All our family was here, including my 94 year old grandmother, so it made it such a special time. To me, that is what Christmas is about. Spending time with those you love, because the "greatest of these is love". 
So here we go.....

My friend had us over for a breakfast with Santa. The kids talked to Santa and then had snowman pancakes. For the first time, Alex talked to Santa. She still looks unsure, but at least she did it. 


Sorry this post is such a mess and so confusing. But at least I got it done. :)


7 Comments:

Blogger carlo said...

oh bridget! too cute! what a wonderful time you had. the kids look SO excited adn happy!

so you have a thumbsucker, too? and a baby alive (freaks me out, too!) we also got a furreal pet. kinda freaky but kinda cute and ellie adores it so it is worth it. lol

where are the pics of the happy parents??????????? :)

merry christmas, friend!

6:33 AM  
Blogger carlo said...

love the pic with the newest cousin. that is a keeper!

6:34 AM  
Blogger Bridget said...

I know, I am soooo made that we did not get any family pictures, especially before Mass when we were all dressed up. What the heck!

6:53 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

Oh, Breakfast with Santa! How fun is that!! I loved all the pictures, and Nerf Guns -- what a great idea!! :)

12:30 PM  
Blogger Natasha said...

Love the cheerleader/doctor and the fondue!

7:11 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

Does this mean I should reconsider getting a Mac next year??

Sorry it was frustrating. I remember my friend having the same issues until she got used to it.

Love the photo of Alex--so sweet. Sorry to hear about your back! I hope that you feel better soon.

So good to talk to you today!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

The nerf gun tradition is awesome. My kids would love that tradition. I could stand it for all of 4 seconds then I'd be hiding them for sure!

I got a new Mac computer as an early Christmas. I haven't harnessed all it's capabilities yet either. I still use it just like I did my PC and for sure haven't figured the picture part out. I finally downloaded my old Kodak software from my PC to make things work. But I'm not giving up. The cool backlit keyboard is good enough for me.

As soon as the kids go back to school, I'm signing up for the tutor classes at the Apple store. I want to know how to do all the cool things Mac lovers rave about.

Merry Christmas.

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home