My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Self Portrait Tuesday (or Wednesday in my case)

SPT- Christmas Cards


"I love to see how people display the cards they receive each year. some tuck them into a basket, to be savored over a cup of cocoa or tea in the evening; some line a doorway with their cards, creating a holiday decoration of their own. Some display their cards on ribbons, some on a tree. How do you display the cards you receive??"


I love, love, love Christmas cards. They make me very happy. I race to my mailbox every day to see if I have received any. I love to see how much friends' kids change over the year. I even save the cards each year so I can look back at them throughout the year.

I display mine on our refrigerator (here is last year's). I should probably find a better place, but this way I get to see them all the time. I have only received 6 or 7 so far. Come on people, get to it! :) Can't wait to see all of the cards this year. Merry Christmas!!!



Please pray for all of the people killed in today's shooting in Omaha at Westroads Mall. It happened at a very nice store, Van Maur, where I have shopped many time. This hits way too close to home.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember you and Steph both displayed your cards like that. I enjoyed yours as well. The only request is next year you and Jim need to be in it!!

I had no idea about that shooting. How terrible. I will be thinking of them for sure.

7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops that was me. Jen

7:00 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

So so sad about the shootings..especially since it is so close to home for you! Oh my!

The fridge is a GREAT place to display cards! Such a central place to see often!

7:09 PM  
Blogger Natasha said...

The shootings must be extra disturbing to you since they happened so close. All involved are in my prayers, for sure!

8:02 PM  
Blogger donna said...

OH that shooting was so sad. I thought about you when i was watching the news.


Why do things like that have to happen? So sad.




I just got done reading the Christmas Jars. That book gave me so much hope about our world. I hope we do have special people that are doing “Random Act of Kindness”,. One of my new goals is every-week do a “Random Act of Kindness”. Then i hope they will pay it forward :)

11:11 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

I have wondered about you with those shootings. I'm so glad you guys are safe and yes, I will offer prayers in their behalf.

Love the cards on the fridge idea!

2:06 PM  
Blogger carlo said...

The shooting was tragic, to be sure. This time of year can bring out the best and the worst, it seems. It is just so scary, especially being so close.

On a postive note, your cards were PRECIOUS! I loved it.

We usually send New Year's cards so you will have to wait on mine. :)

4:20 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Your fridge looks great all covered. My Mom does the same thing.

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home