My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I'mmmmmmm Back!!

After several phone calls/emails and my husband threatening to post for me (so scary to think what he would post), I have decided to make a return to the blogging world. I miss you all! I really have no reason for not blogging in over a month (ouch!). Life has been going on as usual- school, basketball, Weight Watchers meetings (more on that later), the gym, hanging out with friends/family, and trying to survive the horribly cold weather we had this winter, although we have had some beautiful weather the last few days. I guess I just felt I didn't have anything interesting to say. It did warm my heart to know that I was missed. 

Ryan recently completed his first season of Upward Basketball. It is such a nice program and he really enjoyed it.




Thought this site of Ryan was so cute! What a funny boy, wearing his sister's Dr. Suess hat while playing his Nintendo DS. 


This is how Alex fell asleep Sunday night at 6:30. Jim and Ryan were sitting on the couch playing a DS game. Alex laid down to watch a show and promptly fell asleep, which is so hard to believe because Jim and Ryan were making so much noise. Poor girl! I guess we should not have skipped nap that day. 





I am home with Ryan today because he has strep throat. Poor guy! He stayed home yesterday from school with a fever and had one again this morning. I decided to take him in to the Dr. because a friend he was with Friday (no school-teacher work day) tested positive as well for strep over the weekend. Both the Dr. and nurse didn't think it looked like strep, but they were wrong. At least now I can start him on meds and hopefully he can go back to school on Thursday and Friday since they don't have school all next week or the following Monday (Spring Break).  

I have gone back and forth about writing this, but I need to do this for myself as a reminder of the progress I've made. Since joining WW in October I have lost over 11 pounds. It may not sound like much, but I can tell a difference and I feel SO much better. I still want to lose an additional 9 pounds, but I am very proud of the success I have had so far. And to think in those months, there was Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, and a trip to Las Vegas. :)

I have some good mail pictures (thanks Carlo and Kim Sue!) to post but am having trouble posting so I will save those for tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great day!!

10 Comments:

Blogger jenny said...

Ryan looks so cute in his little basketball attire. Bummer about strep throat. Mom always knows best eh right?

Hope the rest of you stay healthy. And congrats on the 11 pounds! That is HUGE. And I fear if you lost 9 more pounds you may waste away!!

1:04 PM  
Blogger Doodle Bugs said...

Whooo Hoooo!! I am so glad to see you back!!! When your blog popped up on my blog reader I jumped over really quick to find out where you have been!!! It is great to hear an update! The picture of Ryan in the Dr. Seuss hat is cute!!!
And 11 pounds is HUGE!! Way to go! My sis does WW (Kim Sue.. I forget you know her now HA! HA!) It seems to be a great program! Good luck on the next 9.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I'm glad you posted too! I think I understand taking breaks from blogging now that I've been doing it for as long as I have. Sometimes, I think it'd be better if I took breaks...because there is nothing to say!

It's always nice to get caught up with you. Congrats on surviving your winter and on your eleven pounds. I bet you feel fantastic!

4:59 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

So good to see you back!! Congrats on the 11 pounds!! :)

10:53 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Eleven pounds is a great accomplishment, good for you!

I can't say enough about the Upward program. It was so great for Caleb!

4:54 PM  
Blogger Natasha said...

11 pounds is awesome, I thought you look tiny already though!

Glad you are back to posting, you were missed. I kept checking back and all that was there was the missing teeth post!

Cute basketball pics, both your kids are adorable as usual!

6:37 PM  
Blogger Tasha said...

Great for you Briget! That is no small task! Post it and let us cheer you on!
Tasha

8:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hi, bridget!! so fun to catch up on everything. congrats on your WW progress. you should be very proud of your success so far.

keep posting! 'cause i keep checking!

10:46 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Glad you're back! I have been wondering where you've been. Congrats on the WW stuff, I am sure it's been alot of hard work (esp. over the holidays) but that's great that you are feeling better, healthier, etc. Good for you!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Kim Sue said...

A big high five!! one for blogging and then for 11 pounds!! I have been at weight watchers since last March. I go tomorrow night although I don't want to....2 weeks in Italy does not translate well on the scale....I know I have to face the music to get back on track. The accountability of stepping on that scale and someone writing it down works for me!

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home