My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Monday, August 25, 2008

No Excuses

I won't bore you all with my pathetic reasons for not blogging. I will say that I have missed the day to day documenting of my life. It is such a great way to remember everything going on with the kids. I miss all of the fun and random pictures I took of the kids and our activities while I was blogging. So today I have decided to get back into the swing of things again. (You didn't think it would happen, did you, Jenny :)) I don't know if anyone will even be reading this anymore, but if you do, thanks for sticking with me. I missed you all. 

VERY short recap of our summer...

Our family on the 4th of July, one of our favorite days of the year.


Our trip to Minnesota with the grandparents.



We had to make a stop in South Dakota to replenish our supply of fireworks for next year. Watch out Kearney, our display will rock next year!



Sadly we had to put our cat to sleep this summer. Jim and I adopted Ozzie a month after we got married (Dec. 96). He was a wonderful cat and we still look for him every day. 



Ryan's first day as a first grader! 



Alex turned 4 on the 13th. We celebrated with a cheerleader birthday party. I bought at a school auction a birthday party with the local high school cheerleaders. They came to the party and taught the girls cheers, did a few crafts with them, and had cake and ice cream. The little girls were in awe and the big girls were loving the attention from the littles. It was a huge success!



Alex with the Kearney High cheerleaders. 



Alex with her beloved gift, her Bitty Baby doll. Happy Birthday Sweetie!!


Next up.... Alex's first day of PreK and the Huskers' Season opener on Saturday. Go Big Red!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Kim Sue said...

I saw your comment on my blog and I had to come over and see if you were really back. You are! Yeah! I missed you this summer. I'm glad to catch up on what you guys did and look forward to seeing you around.

2:52 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I'm still here and I'm glad you posted! It's never too late to get back into blogging and you'll find your old blogging friends waiting with open arms.

Your kids are growing. It was great to get an update:)

10:19 AM  
Blogger jenny said...

Yay for updates. Those pictures are even more adorable than you described. What a fun way to spend your birthday. Thanks for FINALLY giving into my nagging. I do miss your cute kids, oh, and Jim too :)

2:35 PM  
Blogger carlo said...

yahoo!!!!!! awesome to see you!

as you found out, i haven't been around much this summer but girl, it is great to see your post!

2:35 PM  
Blogger Natasha said...

Yay, you are back! You were missed! I think the cheerleader party is a fabulous idea!!

6:51 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Love the cheerleader birthday party. What a great idea!

Glad to read your update.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i'm here reading!! blog on!

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home