My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

A little of this, a little of that....

What, oh what, to do with my head strong 4 year old? She brought me to my wits end today. She through the biggest fit today when I went to pick her up from a friend's house. I ended up having to drive her home with her only in her underwear because she was fighting me so bad I couldn't get her clothes on. She screamed a the top of her lungs and kicked my seat the entire drive home. I didn't know whether to laugh at her or pull over and cry. I think she is now asleep in her bed, passed out from sheer exhaustion. I may do the same. (I wish I would have pulled over and taken a picture of her in all her glory. That would have made for good blackmail material in the future.) By the way, her lip is all healed from last week. We will just have to wait and see what happens with the tooth. 

Doesn't she look so innocent? :)


On a more positive note, I finally reached my "goal" weight loss for Weight Watchers. I have lost over 17 pounds and would still like to loose 5-10 more. I wanted to keep my goal weight loss a little less so it would be easier to be a Lifetime member and then meetings/weigh-ins are free. I am really proud of myself and I feel good about how I look/feel. 

My "goal" keychain


This weekend, Jim's mom is flying up from Texas to surprise her brother for his retirement party . The kids are so excited to have Grandma Jean here. We only wish Papa Jerry could come as well. 
Ryan and Alex with Papa Jerry this summer. 


Ryan's 7th birthday is Friday. What?!? How is that possible? He is such a neat kid, very kind and tenderhearted. We are not doing a big party this year, just taking a few kids bowling and then back to our house for cake and playtime. 



We also have flag football for Ryan on Saturday, a Husker game Sat. night and a retirement party on Sunday. It might be a little crazy but fun. Hope everyone has a good weekend!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kim Sue said...

congrats on your keychain that is BIG...you go girl!

1:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

congratulations on your keychain!! fantastic & inspriational!

i've just been through a very tough year with jack & his little attitude, but it seems we're (mostly) coming out of it. all i can say is, if you have the urge to laugh about it, just go ahead and laugh. sometimes you need a little sanity saver when you're in the middle of a tantrum!!

6:11 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

She will grow out of it! What cuties they are.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

It's always a relief to hear that my darling little girl isn't the only one with completely-out-of-control moments.

Congrats on your weight loss! I know what hard work it is, that is such a great accomplishment. Good for you!

2:53 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

So proud of you girl! 17 lbs. You are my hero! I am still waiting for the motorcycle photo :)

Happy belated birthday to Ryan. Such cute, cute kiddos!

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home