My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Monday, September 01, 2008

They're Baaack! (Maybe?)


Saturday Jim and I were lucky enough to get to attend the Huskers season opener in Lincoln. The first game of the year is always exciting, but this year more so because of all of the changes made at the end of last year. The worthless AD was fired and the legendary football coach Tom Osborne was brought back, not to coach, but to be AD. Tom then fired the even more worthless football Bill Callahan at the end of the season and hired LSU's defensive coordinator Bo Pelini. Pelini was with the Huskers for a year and was even the head coach for them for a bowl game. Many thought he should have been hired then, but he wasn't. 



Anyway, Saturday was Bo's debut game. The crowd was super crazy and loud. Jim and I got in to Lincoln around 1:30 so we could tailgate with my sister and her husband before the 6 pm game (I know, we were cutting it a little close. :) We just wanted to make sure we were not late). They have a tailgating spot across the road from the stadium. It is so cool to have that stadium in the background. If you are not a freaky football fan like we are, this may be hard to understand. As you can see, the dress requirement for the day is red, red, and more red, with the occasion white and black thrown in. 


The game was a blast! While we have a lot of work to do, there is reason to believe that we can improve on our horrible 5-7 record from last year. 


Nebraska defeated Western Michigan 47-24. W. Michigan scored WAY too many points, but  hopefully they can work out a few of those problems before next week's game with San Jose State. 


Former Husker greats Irving Fryer and Mike Rozier (in the orange shirt pointing up) were on the sidelines in front of us. Fryer's son plays on the Western Michigan team. Jim and I had awesome seats- 40 yard line, 10 rows up. We could see everything!

Husker tradition of letting off red balloon on the Huskers' first score.

In Nebraska there is always hope. Hope that the Cornhuskers can get back to where they use to be. Hope that they can be a national powerhouse again. We will see. It should be fun to watch.   







4 Comments:

Blogger jenny said...

Every time I see Huskers on someones license plates it reminds me of you guys. And believe it or not there have been quite a few in AZ. We bought season tickets to our loyal ASU Sun devils. We missed the first game last week, but this week we play Georgia. Should be a fun game!

Glad you guys were able to go. I love that photo with all the red. So cool!

10:11 AM  
Blogger Bridget said...

That game will be soooo much fun! What did you all do this weekend? Is it still blazing hot there? I will call soon.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Why did I just comment on my own blog? I guess I thought I was reading Jenny's. Duh!

11:06 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

Yeah for football season!!!! We're going to a game tomorrow and CAN'T WAIT!

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home