My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Happy (Belated) Father's Day


I thought I would share with you Jim's belated Father's Day present. We got him a new Weber grill. He actually went out and bought it, but it's the thought that counts, right? We got it just in time because Jim's brother, his wife and their 3 kids are in town for the 4th. We are having a big BBQ tonight with all of them, plus my parents and Jim's dad and stepmom. We will definately need the bigger grill for all of those hamburgers and hotdogs. Stay tuned for pictures of the firecrackers these pyros light off. I keep reminding Jim how important hands are to a surgeon, but I think it's falling on deaf ears (probably from all the fireworks). It should be an interesting night.

3 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

I'm sure you will put the grill to good use. I use ours more than my oven and more than Greg does. I have started disloking cooking more and more but I love to thow things on the grill.
Happy barbqueing! Hamburgers, hotdogs, and family sounds really good right now. I am getting a little lonely eight days into the thirteen Greg is gone. Happy 4th to you all.

2:54 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

Wow! Love the Weber grill. Now the question is does Jim know how to use that big thing? Hope you guys have fun tonight and hope there is no trips to the ER for burned fingers! Happy 4th!!!

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fun! We do not own a BBQ at the moment & I am thinking it would have been nice to have one for the holiday! What a nice father's day gift. Does he know how to bbq? My husband would be embarrassed of me telling you that he has never used a bbq & we are getting one in a month or so-I hope he learns quick b/c I have never barbecued either! Happy 4th!

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home