My Photo
Name:
Location: Nebraska, United States

I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 children, Ryan and Alexa. My husband and I are high school sweethearts who have been through college, medical school, residency, and fellowship together. He just started his practice in orthopaedic spine surgery in our home town.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Summer BBQ





I'm not sure if there is anything better than a summer BBQ, especially when fireworks are involved, but more on fireworks later. Sunday night, we hosted a BBQ at our house for Jim's brother, his wife and their 3 kids (Josh 6, Kate almost 3, Abby almost 1). Also joining us were my parents, Jim's dad and stepmom, and Jim's other brother and his fiancee. The neighbor on the side of us and behind us thought this sounded fun so they BBQed out as well. Since there are no fences separating our yard, 10 kids had the run of the yards. We put up our slip-n-slide and baby pool and the neighbor put up the Bonzi falls. Needless to say, everyone had a blast. We ended the evening by lighting off fireworks. It was a very fun, but late, day. Ryan said when I was putting him to bed at 10:50pm (the lasted he has ever stayed up), that, "I feel like I am going to throw up I'm so tired. Poor kid! But a good time was had by all and no one got sick.

3 Comments:

Blogger jenny said...

I especially love Jim going down the big slide!! That is too funny what Ryan said right before bed. I hope he didn't have to much of a "fun" hang over!

6:29 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

He was pretty "hung over" the next morning. He got out of bed with all of his hair sticking straight up and eyes barely open. After about 5 minutes he decided he had had enough and went back to his room and laid back down in bed for awhile. It was pretty sad.

5:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That corn on the cob looks yummy! Gosh, I must be hungry! Looks like you guys had a great time-even if it was exhausting!

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home